POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) : Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB)
From: Halbert
Date: 15 Aug 2000 12:56:09
Message: <39997629@news.povray.org>
Anti-aliasing is a system for reducing "jaggies" If there are adjacent
pixels which would normally contrast with each other, AA will sortof average
the color values of the surrounding pixels with the pixel being plotted and
lessen the contrast making the "jaggies" blend and soften. Makes sharp lines
a bit blurry, oddly enough the effect is that the images may look sharper
and less computerized.
I am quite horrible at explaining concepts like this. I hope that that was
intelligeble.

BTW: looks like your starting to get the hang of it :)